Monday 30 September 2013

Texture - Denim, Linen, and Lace

 I almost didn't complete an outfit this week.  Work has been intense.  Sam has been pretty intense too.  One thing I tried to do for sewing along with Project Run and Play was to use different textures.  I used very little basic quilting cotton (really just week one) and I worked to branch out a little.  This week I used stretch denim for Maya's wide leg pink pants- my serger handled it well!.  Her top is embroidered white linen.  It has a raglan-style sleeve edged with lace.  I added lace to the bottom as well.  I made a wide neck that I gathered with dark pink elastic with a tiny lace edge to it.  Maya looks very sweet in it.  My signature style?  I like to make comfortable pieces from fun fabrics.  I like simple details. And, as I found out these past few weeks, I really like trying different types of fabric.








7 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, it does look comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfortable pieces...fun fabric...simple details...sounds like a great signature style to me! Darling outfit!-liZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and comfy! Love the wide legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and sweet. I love the wide legged trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks adorable in it! So glad you branched out!

    ReplyDelete